Santa Maria delle Grazie is a village located on the hydrographic right of the Cordevole torrent and at the foot of the majestic north-west wall of Mount Civetta. It is known for its imposing Marian Sanctuary which dominates the main square.
This hamlet is a pilgrimage site every year for faithful from various locations, in veneration of Mary Help of Christians.
The first sanctuary was built in 1693 however, was so small that it did not even allow the celebration of Holy Mass for the entire community. Hence the decision to build a much larger building close to the first. In 1722 the building work for the actual Sanctuary began.
Santa Maria delle Grazie is the starting point for excursions to Bramezza, the village of the Turks, to Caracoi and for the climb to the summit of Mount Sasso Bianco.
Thanks to its position at the valley floor, it is ideal for easy walks or bike rides along the banks of the Cordevole torrent up to Alleghe Lake or to Caprile.